Every week during the Summer from 9am to 4pm we offer a climbing summer camp for ages 6-14 years old. With daily climbing instruction, arts and crafts, games, and our high ropes course there is plenty of challenges, learning, and fun.
*If the camp week that you would like is already full, please email email@example.com to be added to a wait list in the event of a cancellation or an update in occupancy limits. Please provide your child's full name, date of birth, and the camp week requested.
When school is out, climbing is in! Our break camps run during the school year on holidays. Spend those days off being active and learning new climbing skills. To see our schedule or book your next break camp click the button below. Break camps run from 9am to 4pm.
Thank you for your interest in booking Summer Camp at RocVentures Climbing Gym. We cant wait to start climbing with you!
Please make sure to update your waiver. We have a new waiver for 2020 and all campers will need a waiver on file to participate.
Here is some information to help you know what participants can expect during their week of camp:
Due to the current pandemic of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) we have issued many changes to our camp policies and procedures to ensure the safest camp experience for our campers, parents, employees, and community. Please read this message in full in order to familiarize with these practices. For more information, please view the New York State Department of Health “Interim Guidance for Child Care and Day Camp Programs During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency” which further outlines the necessary adjustments we have made to camp.
• Campers and employees will be required to wear a mask.
• Those with masks that are soiled or damaged will be supplied a new mask.
• Masks will be required at all times when social distancing of 6ft or more is not possible.
• Masks will not be required for times of active climbing and during lunch and snack periods but social distancing will be enforced as feasible.
• Camp groups will be limited to 10 participants or less and remain static with the same 10 campers whenever and wherever possible.
• Staff will also remain static between groups.
• Stable groups will have no or minimal contact with one another or utilize spaces at the same time, to the greatest extend possible.
• There will be many mandatory hand hygiene times for staff and campers to include but not limited to:
◦ Upon arrival to the facility;
◦ Between all program activities;
◦ After using the restroom;
◦ Before eating; and;
◦ Before departing the last program activity.
Drop-off and Pick-up Procedure:
• Non-essential visitors will not be allowed on site to the extent possible.
• Drop-off will be open from the times of 8:40am. to 9:30am. Campers will be received outside the building by a staff member who will ensure all questions have been answered, a health assessment is performed and forms have been received.
• Pick-up will be open from the times of 3:40pm to 4:20pm. Parents and guardians will remain in their vehicle and call RocVentures at (585)-442-5462 to inform the staff which children they are picking-up. The staff will then escort the child to the vehicle and verify ID.
• Arrivals and departures outside this time window must call before drop off/pick-up to ensure a staff is available to receive them. This includes before and after care.
• Please remember, parents or guardians must present a photo ID in order to pick-up their child.
Health Screening Assessment:
• We recommend that parents and guardians familiarize themselves with the signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
• Children who are sick will not be admitted into camp.
• A health screening assessment will be performed at arrival each day to include:
◦ A short questionnaire to understand potential exposure.
◦ An infrared temperature reading to ensure no fever (99 or above).
• Lunch that is provided by RocVentures will be served individually by the camp staff.
• Stable groups will remain separated during meal times.
• Social distancing will be strongly encouraged during meal times.
Additional Recommended Items:
• Change of clothes - RocVentures typically offers a change of clothes to campers. Since we are trying to limit the sharing of items we recommend that parents provide a change of clothes when applicable to their children.
Additional Camp Details:
• Camp will run from 9am-4pm daily
• We recommend that everyone joining us be dressed in comfortable athletic clothing that will keep them cool and comfortable while participating in activities.
• Climbing shoes will be provided but we ask that the kids bring their own socks.
• There will be a snack period each day. Please provide your child with a healthy snack to keep their energy up throughout the afternoon. (We do sell chips/candy/granola bars and other assorted snacks and drinks. If you choose this option, please send your child with money.)
• We recommend each child bring a refillable water bottle.
• Pizza can be provided for an extra $5 a day. If you would like to add pizza, we require notice at the time of drop-off or prior.
• If you have not already filled out a health form, please see the above link to download it. You can bring it with you Monday morning or email a copy to info@.rocventuresclimbing.com.
• A general schedule of events is as follows (please note that this schedule is subject to change without notice):
◦ Check-in/Hand Hygiene/Traversing
◦ Stretching & Instruction
◦ Craft or Games
◦ High Ropes Course
• Tuesday is Tye-Dye Day (please send kids in clothing that can get messy if the dye splatters)
Please feel free to contact us with any other questions you might have at (585) 442-5462, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to meeting you!
The Camp Team at RocVentures
LIT Internship Program
For older kids interested in camp we have a Counselor in Training (CIT) Internship program. Leaders in Training receive a free camp experience (including lunch each day), a climbing membership for the summer months, and great future employment experience. To apply, please email